To and From Campus
Rice Shuttle Service
A chartered shuttle service will be provided for conference attendees between the Houston Marriott at the Texas Medical Center (the conference hotel) and Baker Hall. Look for a mini bus with the Rice logo in the driveway at the Marriott. It will make a continuous loop between the two locations during the following times:
Thursday: 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Friday: 7:30 am to 9:30 am
Saturday: 7:30 am to 9:30 am
Saturday: 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Walking to and from Campus
If you are staying at the conference hotel, walking to and from Baker Hall is easy and it takes about 12 minutes. Follow these simple directions and consult the map below for more details. The path will be marked with SPPC signs, which you can follow to Baker Hall.
From Hotel to Campus:
- Start at the ground level main entrance to the Marriott, Medical Center 6580 Fannin St.
- Head left (northeast) on Fannin St. toward University Blvd. (the first traffic signal).
- Turn left onto University Blvd.
- Cross Main St. (the first traffic signal) and turn right. You are now walking along a dirt path.
- Turn left at your first opportunity. This is a lighted cement trail through a grassy area, approximately 75 ft from the intersection. Follow the trail until it comes to an end at a street.
- Continue strait ahead on the street until you reach the first intersection. Baker Hall is the first building to your left after the intersection. The main entrance is located in the courtyard with the fountain.
- If continuing to Farnsworth Pavilion (in the Rice Memorial Center), remain on the street until the second intersection. The Rice Memorial Center is the building on the right just before the intersection. After entering the building, Farnsworth Pavilion is immediately to the right.
Click here to retrieve the directions from Google maps: Directions from hotel to campus.
From Campus to Hotel:
- Start at: Conference building James A., III Baker Hall Houston, TX 77005
- Head northeast towards the street (right).
- At the street, turn right. Continue on the street until it comes to a sharp curve.
- Slight right to continue onto the cement trail.
- Turn right onto Main St. (The cement trail ends here and you turn onto a dirt trail.)
- Turn left onto University Blvd (the first traffic signal)
- Turn right onto Fannin St.
- The Marriott will be on the right. (Marriott, Medical Center 6580 Fannin St Houston, TX 77030)
Click here to retrieve the directions from Google maps: Directions from campus to hotel.
Map of the Walk
Shuttle to and from BRC
A regular Rice shuttle route includes a stop at the BioScience Research Collaborative (BRC) building in the Medical Center (6500 Main St., Houston, TX 77005). This shuttle picks up passengers every 30 minutes. Get off at Stop 4 for the shortest walk to Baker Hall. The shuttle leaves the BRC to go to rice campus at 10 minutes past the hour and 40 minutes past the hour every hour from 8:10 a.m. to 5:40 p.m. The shuttle rout is online at this address: http://brc.rice.edu/Content.aspx?id=51